How horse supplements can benefit your horse
Good nutrition is the basis of a balanced diet and is one that supplies all the essential nutrients that a horse needs daily but its complexity means it is frequently misunderstood. Vitamins and minerals are two of the essential nutrients needed by horses, an imbalance of these nutrients can be detrimental to your horse’s overall health and performance.
Ensuring a horse has an adequate supply of protein, carbohydrates (including fibre), lipids (oils and fats), and energy is much easier than ensuring your horse is receiving enough vitamins and minerals. The range of feed available on the market is overwhelming for any horse owner.
Typically horse feeds contain a mixture of feed ingredients and added vitamins and minerals. Feeds can be very good sources of dietary energy, protein, and fat; however, the concentration of vitamins and minerals is not enough to provide horses with the quantity or quality they need daily.
Many feeds are low in vitamins and minerals with varying levels and will be formulated based on an expected feed intake. Knowing the exact feed intake, a horse needs is complicated and various factors need to be considered such as the breed, height and weight of the horse, the horses training regime, and whether the horse needs to increase, maintain or lose body condition. The level of nutrients provided by feed is dependent on the amount fed.
Nutrient deficiencies are not always obvious, and many health issues that result from them can be mistakenly attributed to something else.
Additional supplementation with high quality horse supplements will help to ensure your horse’s diet is properly balanced and will minimise the risk of ill health associated with nutritional deficiencies. As well as providing extra support for your horse’s joints, tendons, muscles, and overall wellbeing.
To determine whether your horse would benefit from a horse supplement, it is important to know the nutritional composition of your horse’s diet. Check the nutritional value of your horse’s feed and speak to the feed manufacture if you are unclear. Remember some grass and preserved forages such as hay are often short and unreliable for essential vitamins and minerals, especially during the winter months.
You can also tailor which horse supplements you use in your horse’s diet to help with the following:
Vitamins and Minerals
Nutritional deficiencies in horse feed can be remedied by adding nutritional horse supplements.
SYNOVIUM® PREFIT contains a balanced composition with high-quality vitamins, minerals, trace elements and Biotin to make your horse feel optimally fit. This supplement can be used for a lack of vitamins in forage and to boost the immune system.
- provides essential vitamins and minerals for horses
- ideal for intensive training and when an immune boost is required for extra resistance (ie during travelling)
- provides optimal health
- contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin C, D3, E, K, Copper, Sodium, Iron, Iodine, Calcium, Manganese & Zinc
Whether you have an older horse who is starting to show the effects of osteoarthritis or a younger, active horse whose joints could use some protection, joint supplements may be a good choice for them.
SYNOVIUM® AGILITY is an advanced collagen supplement for joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscles.
- Bioactive Collagen Peptides (BCP®) are rapidly absorbed by the horse
- veterinary studies have demonstrated the efficiency of (BCP®) for OA, some evidence showing in to be much more effective than Glucosamine, MSM and HA.
- maintains joint health contributing towards preserving mobility
- helps stimulate joint cartilage metabolism and repair
- extra support for muscles, soft tissues, and gut health
You might want to consider a muscle supporting supplement protecting against muscle damage.
SYNOVIUM® MYOCARE-E is an advanced supplement to take care of the horses’ muscles, developed on the latest scientific research and veterinary trials.
- supporting against muscle damage and breakdown with HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyric Acid) whilst supporting muscle development with the essential amino acid Lysine
- helps to reduce muscle acidification and supports recovery with Beta Alanine, stimulating Carnosine (a protein building block) in the muscles
- aiding in muscle endurance, energy, and power
If your horse suffers with gastric ulcers, is prone to colic or often gets stressed, you might be interested in trying a digestive support supplement.
SYNOVIUM® GASTROSAFE is a proven veterinary gut supplement, offering an advanced formula to support optimal gut health.
- award winning & scientifically proven gut supplement
- aids in a healthy front and hind gut environment
- developed by our leading vets and equine nutrition experts
- natural anti-inflammatory with essential prebiotics
- ideal for horses during and after veterinary treatment for gastric ulcers and those showing signs of behaviour change, poor condition, poor performance and re-occurring colic
- unique premium formula to achieve the best results as trialled by our vets
Whether at shows or at home, some horses tend to be easily spooked or high-strung. Assuming your horse is getting enough exercise to work off excess energy, you may want to consider horse calming supplements.
SYNOVIUM® CALMINGARD is an instant calmer containing all-natural ingredients.
- practical syringe in a gel form for easy oral application
- does not sedate or effect the horse’s performance
- unique formula to focus every horse
- proven calming effects when most needed, competition or travelling
- multiple forms of magnesium for optimal uptake and efficiency, including organic chelated magnesium
- innovative formula containing B vitamins, 3g Vitamin B1 and 3g Vitamin B6 per daily dose
- a huge 9g of Magnesium per daily dose (higher than similar products on the market)
- also containing the anti-acid, Calcium Carbonate, and Lignocellulose for essential fibre
- Mgnium helps improve concentration, loosen muscles and supports a calmer & relaxed horse
Synovium horse supplements are the result of years of extensive scientific and veterinary research and trials into horse health, nutrition, and performance by our leading team of vets. With so many horse supplements on the market today it can be extremely confusing to know what to feed and what to trust. Synovium has been developed on scientific evidence and undergoes strict veterinary trials in all equestrian disciplines to guarantee effectiveness and quality.
We believe the horse is an individual and every horse is different. Good feed is of great importance; however, it can never fully meet the needs of the horse. Synovium Horse Health’s team of vets examine each horse and looks after their health, whilst providing the best performance with the support of the right supplements.
Trust What You Feed!