Are there any benefits to feeding MSM to your horse?
MSM for horses? A common topic discussed between equestrians, some saying it has really improved their horses health and others calling it a myth.
So what are the FACTS about MSM for horses:
- MSM (Methyl Sulphonyl Methane) is a rich source of sulphur.
- Sulphur is an essential mineral for optimal muscle metabolism and keeping tendons, ligaments, soft tissue and hooves strong & sound.
- MSM has anti-oxidant properties
- It is naturally found in the horses body, as well as fruits, grains, vegetables and fresh forage
- MSM splits into methionine and cysteine, two important amino acids.
- It’s a white, salt-like substance that horses seem to find palatable.
- If your horse is getting plenty of fresh green grass then there isn’t any reason to feed extra MSM.
Which horse’s benefit from a MSM supplementation?
MSM is commonly used in the horse industry to help combat inflammation, therefore is ideal for horses with arthritis and tendon/ ligament injuries. It has also been used successfully for years to help:
- Prevent/ reducing scar tissue;
- Promote muscle relaxation;
- Reduce inflammation and promote circulation;
- Analgesic (pain-killing);
- Promote healthy hoof and hair growth;
- Reduce joint degeneration;
- Chelate or bind harmful heavy metals in the body;
- Boost the immune system; and
- Support horses with itchy and dry skin
Synovium MSM for horses is guranteed 99.9% pure with no fillers or synthetics. Scientific research shows that MSM, when feed at the correct levels, helps to support a healthier horse and optimal performance.
Additionally our vets have done extensive field research and found our product helps aid in the healing of mud fever in horses. Working as a preventive by supporting healthy skin & coat condition as well as supporting a strong immune system to fight against the bacteria, dermatophilus congolensis.
Why do we add Vitamin C in our MSM Optimal-C supplement?